Weight Loss Management
If you’ve lost a lot of weight, or if you’re in the process, then you may have the most difficult challenge ahead of you.
The truth is, keeping the weight off is often harder than losing it in the first place.
There are a few possible reasons for this. First, exhaustion can set in, and stress can lead you to give into the cravings. Sometimes all it takes is one bad day to set you off course.
Another possible reason is having adopted a weight loss plan that is impractical and unrealistic. Many fad diets out there, like the no-carb diet or the more extreme smoothie diets, simply can’t be maintained on a long term basis. Dropping the weight in the beginning is great, but the reality is that you need to learn how to eat healthy.
No matter your reasons, management is a key step in weight loss success. Here are my top 5 tips for keeping the weight off!
Top 5 Weight Loss Management Tips
1. Replace Your “Diet” with Healthy Eating Habits
First and foremost, you need to learn how to eat healthy. The basic rules apply here: cut down on bad fats like trans and saturated fats, go with healthy fats like omega-3’s whenever possible, cut back on sugar, minimize carbs and only go for whole grain options, and eat a lot of protein and fiber.
Once you have healthy eating habits in place, you’ll manage your weight loss much more easily. Just don’t go to the grocery store hungry, and make sure you stay true to those principles when eating out.
2. Surround Yourself with Healthy People
People often overlook the influence that friends and family can have on their healthy habits. If you hang around with poor eaters and people who don’t care about the food they eat, you’re more likely to fail. It’s normal for us to adopt the opinions and behaviors of those closest to us, so make sure you’re hanging out with like-minded people.
3. Incorporate a Regular Exercise Plan
Many people approach weight loss with dieting alone. But don’t overlook the ability of regular exercise to support healthy eating habits (and vice-versa). When you’re trying living a healthy lifestyle, everything you do to stay healthy keeps you in the right mindset. I always hear from my clients how helpful exercise is to their dieting efforts.
4. Keep Track of Your Efforts
Once you’ve lost the weight, you shouldn’t just abandon your fitness and food journals. Writing things down is a good way to stay real about your efforts, even when you’re in the management stage. And if journaling wasn’t part of your initial weight loss efforts, now is a great time to start.
If you’re looking for a great fitness journal, check out the Fitlosophy Fitbook. It’s an excellent tool for managing your weight loss efforts.
5. Keep Your Metabolism Up at All Times
Science can give you a huge helping hand when it comes to weight loss management. The best approach is to focus on your metabolism. And not just when you eat – I want you to be thinking about keeping your metabolism in high gear at all times.
You can do this with exercise, weight training, or diet. When it comes to diet, think about the foods you’re putting in your body and how they impact your metabolism. The higher your metabolism, the more fat you’ll burn, and that will make your weight loss management a whole lot easier.
Here are some great supplements for keeping your metabolism boosted. Incorporate these into your diet, and things should get a lot easier!
- Optimum 100% Natural Casein – Casein protein takes longer to digest, which means you’ll stay full for longer and burn more fat in the process.
- Optimum Fish Oil Softgels – Healthy fats like omega-3’s actually redistribute fat away from your midsection and boost your metabolism.
- Armor-V Vitamins – A number of vitamins, notably Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin D, contribute to weight loss by enhancing your metabolism. A multivitamin is a sure way to get a boost.
- NOW Spirulina Powder – A derivative of blue-green algae, this superfood is packed full of protein and other nutrients that rev up your engine.
- Magnum Nutraceuticals Heat – If you’re looking to give your energy and your metabolism a boost, this is one serious fat burning supplement!
Have any questions or feedback about Weight Loss Management? Please leave a comment below…
The post Weight Loss Management appeared first on Weight Loss & Training.