Top 10 Summer Weight Loss Foods
Summer is definitely the time to get fit and get in shape.
If you’re looking for some killer summer weight loss tips, then you’ve come to the right place. This article reviews the top 10 summer weight loss foods to get you looking and feeling great!
There’s no denying it – serious weight loss requires some serious changes to your eating habits. Exercise is key, especially the inclusion of weight training exercises to boost your resting metabolism, but it still won’t be enough without some attention to your diet.
Here are my top 10 suggestions for summer weight loss foods. All of these foods are packed full of the right nutrients to get you dropping the pounds fast!
Top 10 Summer Weight Loss Foods
1. Mulberries – These tasty berries are perfect for any summer dish. Add them to a salad or eat them as a snack, and you’ll satisfy that frustrating sweet tooth. Mulberries are packed full of healthy antioxidants and are high in Vitamin C, so you can’t go wrong.
NUTRITION TIP: If you’re looking for better daily Vitamin C support, try NOW C-1000.
2. Salmon – If you’re looking for an alternative to fatty burgers or steaks, then give salmon a try. It’s perfect on the barbeque or in the oven, and is full of health fats that will actually give your metabolism a boost.
NUTRITION TIP: To get these beneficial healthy fats on a daily basis, invest in a natural fish oil supplement like Optimum Fish Oil Softgels.
3. Figs – This is one of your best weight loss snacking options. In terms of calories, figs barely make a dent, and they’re also full of healthy fiber to keep you feeling satisfied.
4. Watermelon – You’ve heard how beneficial water is while trying to lose weight. Not only does it keep your body detoxified, it also keeps you feeling full and prevents over-eating. Watermelon is a whopping 92%, so it’s an easy and tasty way to feel full. It’s also high in Vitamin C.
5. Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to regular potatoes. They’re nutritionally more dense, and they’re packed full of fiber that should curb those deadly cravings.
NUTRITION TIP: If you feel that your diet is lacking in fiber, try a healthy fiber supplement like Fitness Fiber.
6. Hummus – Summer is a time for salads, snacks, and dips, but hummus should be your number one choice when it comes to party foods. It’s high in protein, fiber, and other vitamins and minerals to give your metabolism a boost!
7. Catfish – If you haven’t given catfish a try, you should! This tasty fish is high in healthy fats and Vitamin B12, which has been shown in research to significantly improve your body’s ability to burn fat and calories.
NUTRITION TIP: To improve your Vitamin B12 intake on a daily basis, make sure you’re taking a metabolism boosting Vitamin B Complex like NOW B-100.
8. Almonds – This is one of the most nutritional nuts you can snack on. Almonds are high in protein and lower in fat compared to other nuts, and the fats they do contain are good for your weight loss efforts. Check out NOW Almonds.
9. Tuna Fish – Tuna is great for a number of reasons. Its high protein content will rev up your metabolism, and its high Vitamin D content will significantly improve your weight loss efforts. Recent research has shown that adding Vitamin D to your diet can improve results by up to 50%.
NUTRITION TIP: Another great way to make sure you always get your required Vitamin D intake is with an affordable daily supplement such as NOW Vitamin D.
10. Coconut Water – Sick of drinking glass after glass of water? Then give coconut water a try. It’s full of vitamins and nutrients that will actually improve your body’s ability to burn fat! And it’s super hydrating. Check out my favorite brand – VPX Coco Fit Coconut Water.
Have any questions or feedback about these Top 10 Summer Weight Loss Foods? Please leave a comment below…
The post Top 10 Summer Weight Loss Foods appeared first on Weight Loss & Training.