Everybody loves a good cinnamon roll because it is the perfect comfort food. With the same mouth-watering cinnamon taste, these sugar-less cinnabites make a fantastic substitute. They are great for finger food, breakfast, or a scrumptious dessert! Try topping them with a healthy cream cheese frosting for added indulgence.
- 1⁄2 cup organic plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup erythritol (like Swerve), monk fruit sweetener, or stevia, to taste
- 2 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp erythritol (like Swerve), monk fruit sweetener, or stevia, to taste
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter or coconut butter, melted
Preheat oven to 310° F.
Combine all the wet ingredients for the batter into a bowl and blend well with a spoon
Add the dry ingredients for the batter and blend well with a spoon.
Blend all the topping ingredients using a fork.
Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and fill the liners 2⁄3 with batter.
Add small crumble of topping for mini muffins or about a tablespoon of topping for large muffins on top of the batter.
Use toothpick or skewer to mix some of the toppings into the batter (or just leave it on top).
Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are starting to brown.