Get Ripped Like Sean Faris
If you haven’t heard of this guy you are going to hear of him a lot more real soon. Sean Faris was cover guy on Men’s Health and he is well known for being supper ripped in many TV and movie roles, one of his most famous movies being “Never Back Down” and appearance in the tv series “Supernatural” is keeping him busy as heck.
Sean’s six pack abs are based on a very strong fundamental knowledge of what it takes to win in the gym and this article is going to highlight his most valuable experience. If you think he’s genetically blessed you might have a wake-up call once you see his determination and devotion to be in the best shape of his life.
Sean Faris Workout Advice:
Let’s look at some of the advice Sean gives from his experience with personal trainers and preparing for a role in movie with his shirt off…
- Start with 2 sets instead of 3
- Focus on using free weights only at first
- Aim for hitting a certain number of reps of one exercise to help push you to the next level
- Don’t go for heavy but for form
- Have fun outside the gym
Remember Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym! Make sure to have at least 3 or 4 of these every day…
1. Lean Meats – Whether it’s beef, chicken, lean pork or fish, animal protein is one of the best protein sources because they contain the complete amino acid profile that is often lacking in vegetables. The more you get, the better your results! If you think you need an extra boost then get some BCAA’s in your diet and your muscles will recover even quicker, try Signature BCAA Powder.
2. Eggs – Eggs are another amazing protein source. With about 7 grams of protein per egg you can’t really go wrong! Although eggs once had a bad rap, the latest research suggests that they’re really not so bad unless you have pre-existing health conditions such as high blood pressure or cholesterol. Having a couple in the morning will keep you full and satisfied to fuel you through your day.
3. Greek Yogurt – Another great snacking option, Greek yogurt is incredibly high in protein (much higher than regular yogurt), and the fat-free options make it that much better for your health and fitness goals!
4 Natural Whey Protein – To achieve your required daily protein intake, I always recommend supplementing with a high-quality whey protein like BB 100% Whey Protein Powder. Protein shakes, are not only super delicious with lots of ice, but also highly effective for helping you grow lean muscle mass. I suggest starting your day with a shake, and getting another within an hour before your workout to boost your muscle production.
5. Plant-Based Protein – If you’re going vegetarian or have issues with dairy, then the best of the best plant based protein is Garden of Life Organic Plant Based Protein which is an excellent option for packing on muscle. Especially designed for athletes and bodybuilders, this one will give your muscles the support they need!
Start with 2 sets instead of 3
I love his advice on starting small! Instead of doing 3 sets Sean has had success with starting at 2 sets of any exercise. I believe you too will find this makes quite a difference in the gym and not overwhelming your body with too much at once.
Focus on using free weights only at first
Free weight is a great way to start and even focus on as you become very advanced in your workouts. I use it with all my clients because free weights not only help balance the muscles in the left and right side of the body but also make you focus on tightening your core and amping up your time in the gym.
Aim for hitting a certain number of reps of one exercise
Great way to add variety and build up the strength of a weak muscle is by trying to hit a certain number of reps in one exercise no matter how many reps it takes.
Don’t go for heavy but for form
Time and time again we all see this in the gym…guys going too heavy and sacrificing form. The only thing is they are cheating themselves since proper form builds strength and muscle size quicker than cheating with heavier weights.
Have fun outside the gym
Doing the same routine time and time again gets boring after several weeks so adding variety every 4 weeks is essential and if you can add in different sports you are also going to keep things much more exciting. Challenge yourself with trying different sports and realize that everyone is a beginner at some time!
Ok, so taking all this advice into effect let’s start with a workout we can build on over time…
Sean Faris Workout Routine
Key here is to start out with 2 sets of 8-12 repetitions and keep adding either reps or weight each time. Therefore this is a basic workout that you must build on over time, but it’s most important that you improve your form and strength before advancing by only doing 3 exercises/day which involve the body’s most major muscle groups.
Day 1: Lower Body
2 sets 8-12 reps Barbell Squat ( refer to photo here )
2 sets 8-12 reps Barbell Deadlift ( refer to photo here )
2 sets 8-12 reps Barbell Lunge ( refer to photo here )
Day 3: Abs/Core
2 sets 8-12 reps Ab crunches on Stability ball ( refer to photo here )
2 sets 8-12 reps Woodchopper with medicine ball ( refer to photo here )
2 sets 8-12 reps Bosu Runners ( refer to photo here )
Day 5: Upper Body
2 sets 8-12 reps Dumbbell Arnold Presses ( refer to photo here )
2 sets 8-12 reps Dumbbell Chest Presses ( refer to photo here )
2 sets 8-12 reps Chin Ups ( refer to photo here )
Days 2/6: Cardio
This is when you can be creative with your cardio session. Try 30 minutes running, high intensity interval training, kickboxing, jumping rope, biking, hiking or any other exercise which really accelerates your heart rate!
Disclaimer: This workout routine is in no way associated or endorsed by Sean Faris. It is only a simulated routine that is developed to provide similar results.
Supplements to Increase Your Strength and Give You Killer Abs like Sean Faris
You may want to take this workout to the next level and if you have a limited time that you’re reaching your goal then some of these supplements have the best research and testimonials to back them up:
Energy Booster: (Try Signature Pre Workout Powder)
Fat Burner: (Try Signature Thermogenic)
Lean Protein Powder: (Try BB 100% Whey Protein Powder)
Stress & Fatigue Fighter: (Try Signature Micronized Glutamine Powder)
Sean Faris Workout Conclusion:
As you’ll see above this is a good foundation for a workout plan which you can quickly accelerate and build up on. As Sean Faris recommends just keep pushing yourself in each day and after 4 weeks make sure to change it up completely. You can reference the workouts and training section of this site for more advanced workouts or other exercises you can add to this routine to target your weakest muscles.
Have any feedback/questions about this workout? Please leave a comment below:
The post Sean Faris Workout appeared first on Weight Loss & Training Tips.