Jillian Michaels Workout
Just a few years ago, Jillian Michaels received her fame on TV’s The Biggest Loser, and today she has become an icon of health and fitness.
Jillian’s workout philosophy is pretty simple. She believes in getting the most out of her time, and prefers not to spend an excessive number of hours at the gym. Quick and intense could sum it up nicely, which is why her philosophy works so well for so many people.
In this article, I’m offering up a full-body workout that is based on Jillian Michaels’ workout philosophy.
Not surprisingly, Jillian is a big fan of circuit training, a highly effective way to get more done in less time. The goal of circuit training is to move between sets of different exercises with little or no rest in between. The idea is to keep your body moving at all times, alternating between muscle groups, and burning a ton of calories and fat in the process.
So let’s get to it. Here is the Jillian Michaels 20 Minute Workout…
Jillian Michaels 20 Minute Workout
I want you to complete this entire circuit at least 4-5 times, moving between exercises without rest. Perform 1 set of each (with as many reps as you can get out) before moving on to the next.
This workout can be done at home or at the gym. If you’re a beginner, all you’ll need is a pair of 5 or 10 pound dumbbells. If you’re a little more advanced, you may want to up the weight a bit.
Here are the exercises…
1. One-Leg Squat & Curl – This one works both your legs and your biceps. Holding a dumbbell in each hand, start by standing on your left foot with your right foot raised behind you (bent at the knee). Squat on your left foot, hold for a moment, and as you raise your body out of the squat, curl your dumbbells to your chest. Repeat, alternating legs.
2. Mary Catherines – If you haven’t already heard of them, Mary Catherines are a twist on the traditional lunge. Start in a standing position, and kick your right leg back, lowering your body into a lunge position. Hold for a moment, balancing on your back toes and ensuring your front knee does not extend past your front toes. Then quickly jump out of the lunge and land with your feet in the opposite lunge position. Continue doing this, alternating between legs.
3. One-Leg Reverse Fly – Holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides (palms facing inward), bend forward at your hips and hold your body parallel to the floor. Lift your right leg up behind you to hip level, making a line with your leg and torso. Balancing on your left leg, raise your arms to the sides, feeling your shoulder blades squeeze. Lower your arms to starting position and repeat, maintaining your balancing position throughout. Repeat on opposite leg.
4. Plank with Leg Lift – Start in plank position with your hands under your shoulders and supporting your upper body. Engage your abs and try to make a straight line from your head to your feet. Slowly lift one leg up behind you, hold for a moment, and lower to starting position. Repeat, alternating between legs.
5. Jump Squat Jacks – Lower your body into a narrow squat position, with your feet close together and your hands behind your head. Keeping your body close to the ground, jump your feet outward to the sides. Then return them to their original position in a second jump. Repeat, maintaining a squat throughout.
Jillian Michaels Workout – Conclusion
This simple 20-minute workout is great for toning and losing weight. It will leave you feeling stronger, fitter, and totally energized to take on your day.
Since Jillian is also such a big fan of healthy nutrition, I recommend following this workout with a protein shake using Vega Sport Performance Protein, a healthy whole foods approach to protein supplements. And for an effective, all-natural approach to weight loss, I also recommend Magic Matcha Green Tea – it will give your metabolism a major boost!
Have any questions or feedback about this Jillian Michaels Workout? Please leave a comment below…
The post Jillian Michaels Workout appeared first on Weight Loss & Training.