Best Ways to Boost Metabolism
Your metabolism is one of the biggest factors in your overall health and fitness. It’s your body’s engine – and it means everything when it comes to energy and weight loss.
There are 2 primary aspects of your metabolism. There’s your resting metabolic rate, which refers to your body’s ability to convert calories into energy when you’re at rest, and then there’s your metabolic potential, or your ability to increase metabolism during exercise.
Both aspects of metabolism play a significant role in your ability to produce energy, get fit, and lose weight. So both deserve special consideration.
Resting Metabolic Rate
Also known as your basal metabolic rate, or BMR, this number is an indication of your body’s ability to burn calories and fat when you’re not even moving. Although it’s largely determined by genetics, there are a few things you can do to increase your resting metabolism for the long term.
And trust me, boosting your resting metabolism can have a huge impact on your ability to lose weight! Here’s how…
- Change Your Body Composition – The first thing you need to do is think about shifting your body composition to one which is lower in fat and higher in lean muscle mass. The more lean muscle mass you have, the higher your resting metabolism. This is why men often have an easier time losing weight.
- Get Serious about Weight Lifting – I know lifting weights can be intimidating, but once you learn the basics, it really isn’t so bad. Hands down, resistance training is the best way to increase your lean muscle mass. If the gym isn’t the place for you, try a great muscle-building, metabolism-boosting home workout program like P90X – you can’t go wrong!
- Support Your Muscle Building Efforts – To get the most muscle out of your workouts, make sure you’re taking a high quality protein supplement like Optimum 100% Casein Protein, as well as an amino acid supplement like Scivation Xtend.
As you move through your day, your metabolism fluctuates according to a number of factors, including exercise, muscle resistance, and diet. The more you can give it a boost, the more calories and fat you’ll burn over and above your resting metabolism.
- Move Your Body – Exercise of any kind will give your metabolism a boost that can last up to a few hours. Cardio is great for this, but weight training will also burn more calories on the spot. No matter your preference, just get moving! A great home option for a quick metabolism boosting workout is jump rope. Give this LCD Digital Jump Rope a try today!
- Eat More Protein – Protein is totally effective for boosting your metabolism, primarily because it takes longer to digest. This means your metabolism will stay boosted for longer, and you’ll feel more satisfied. A protein shake in the morning using Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion is a great way to get your metabolism in high gear!
- Eat More Metabolism Boosting Foods – In addition to protein, there are a number of other foods that effectively boost your metabolism and help you burn more fat. They include foods that are high in fiber, high in whole grains, and high in healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. Some great metabolism boosting options include salmon, Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil, and Magic Matcha Green Tea.
- Take a Metabolism Booster – There are some great supplements on the market that offer safe and effective means to boost your metabolism before a workout. One of the leaders in the industry is USPLabs Jack3d. If you’re looking for something that can be used on a daily basis, you should also try 7-Keto LeanGels
Have any questions or feedback about the Best Ways to Boost Metabolism? Please leave a comment below…
The post Best Ways to Boost Metabolism appeared first on Weight Loss & Training.