Best Post Workout Protein
After a long hard workout, your muscles need to repair and rebuild, which is why protein supplements are so effective. If you’re trying to get in killer shape, you need to think seriously about your post workout protein.
The post workout period is particularly important because this is when your resources are most depleted. Drinking a protein shake after a workout provides your muscles with the nutrients and amino acids they need to rebuild. It’s in this rebuilding stage that gains in muscle mass are made.
With the added benefits of filling you up and burning more calories during digestion, you really can’t go wrong with high quality protein supplements. Let’s look at my top picks for best post workout protein.
My Top Picks for Best Post Workout Protein
1. Whey Protein – Whey protein is one of the best fitness supplements you can invest in. It’s easily portable and convenient, it’s effective for building muscle mass, and it’s totally satisfying. As a post workout protein, whey protein powder can definitely help improve your recovery. If you want the best of the best, check out these great options:
- Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion – Gaspari is a leader in the supplement industry. They’re responsible for some of the best tasting whey protein supplements on the market. Check it out here – Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion. The Delicious Vanilla and Milk Chocolate flavors are my favorites.
- Optimum 100% Natural Whey – If you want something that’s totally versatile and can be added to any shake, this is the whey protein for you. Free of colors, flavors, and preservatives, Optimum offers a completely natural post workout protein option. Check it out here – Optimum 100% Natural Whey.
2. Time-Release Protein – If you want to get the longest support possible, time-release or sustained-release protein is the way to go. It has all the benefits of whey protein, but takes much longer to digest, giving your muscles extended support across the day. Here are my picks:
- Optimum 100% Natural Casein – Casein is simply another protein derivative of dairy, but it contains natural time-release properties that exceed those of your typical whey protein. With 32 grams of protein per scoop and 8 tasty flavors, you can’t go wrong. Check it out here – Optimum 100% Natural Casein.
- MusclePharm Combat Powder – This time-release protein contains a variety of amino acids to optimize lean muscle growth, and it lasts for up to 8 hours! If you want to provide your muscles with round the clock fuel, this is the post workout protein for you. Check it out here – MusclePharm Combat Powder.
3. Vegan Protein – Although it’s not quite as effective as whey protein (due to the smaller number of amino acids present), vegetable-based proteins can still offer your muscles some great post workout support.
- Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein – Hemp protein is your best bet when it comes to vegetable-based proteins. It’s packed full of healthy proteins and other nutrients that will aid in muscle recovery. Check it out here – Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein.
- Vega Sport Performance Protein – Vega remains a leader in the vegan protein industry. Their sport performance blend is specifically designed to help your muscles rebuild after a hard workout. Check it out here – Vega Sport Performance Protein.
Best Post Workout Protein – Conclusion
Remember, for the average weight lifter or fitness fanatic, experts recommend between 15 and 30 grams of protein per meal. Whether it’s your post workout shake or just your morning breakfast, all of these protein options can help you get what you need and reach your goals faster!
Have any questions or feedback about the Best Post Workout Protein? Please leave a comment below…
The post Best Post Workout Protein appeared first on Weight Loss & Training.