No Pain, No Gain!
Getting a 6 pack takes a lot of hard work. But the truth is, some ab exercises are better than others.
Your abdominal muscles are a tricky group to get in shape. Not only are they naturally small muscles (in terms of potential thickness and depth), they’re also easily hidden under fat deposits around your waist. And in order to see real results, it’s necessary to get out of the same old crunch routine – crunches alone simply won’t cut it!
You need to continuously increase resistance like any other muscle in order to get ideal results from this muscle group. The following exercises are designed to change up your ab routine and get you the best results possible!
Here are the best exercises for getting 6 pack abs. Add them into your current ab workout, or design an entire workout using this series of exercises.
10 Best Exercises for 6 Pack Abs
All of these ab exercises should be done until muscle exhaustion or failure. This means doing the maximum number of reps you can do with proper form. When your form becomes compromised, consider yourself finished with that set.
Here are the exercises. These are my top 10 picks…
- Ab Wheel Extensions (view exercise)
- Ab Twists with Weight (view exercise)
- Ab Crunches on Bosu Ball (view exercise)
- Oblique Side Bends with Dumbbells (view exercise)
- Ab Rollout on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Hanging Leg Raise (view exercise)
- Ab Crunches with Legs Raised (view exercise)
- Oblique Crunches on Stability Ball (view exercise)
- Lunge with Ab Twist (view exercise)
- Side Plank Crunch (view exercise)
Many of these exercises give you the flexibility of adding or increasing resistance. I recommend doing this whenever possible in order to keep building your ab muscles! A little weight can go a long way when it comes to your abs.
Boost Your 6 Pack Potential
If you’re trying to get even more out of your ab exercises, here are some additional tips to take things to the next level. No matter what you do, you have to push yourself to see real results! These 5 tips will help you push yourself even further…
- Stretch your ab muscles after every workout. Research shows that many people neglect stretching their abdominal and core muscles, but they need it like every other muscle! Stretching your ab muscles will improve recovery and muscle gains.
- Take an energy boosting supplement before your ab workout. A good energy-boosting supplement like USPLabs Jack3d will help you take your ab workouts to the next level. Every extra crunch, lift, and twist will bring you that much closer to that 6 pack look.
- Follow up with a good amino acid supplement. Amino acid supplements, like Optimum Glutamine, take advantage of the science behind muscle building. In addition to aiding recovery, they also fuel your muscles and improve gains!
- Give your metabolism a major boost. A simple metabolism-enhancing supplement like 7-Keto LeanGels or Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix will help you shed that extra fat and weight around your midsection, letting your 6 pack shine through! Remember, diet is half the battle!
- Cut carbs immediately. Recognizing that diet is key to getting 6 pack abs, cutting carbs can help you get that much closer to your goal! Restrict your carb intake to breakfast and lunch, and make sure you stick to whole grains!
Have any questions or feedback about the Best Exercises for 6 Pack Abs? Please leave a comment below…
The post Best Exercises for 6 Pack Abs appeared first on Weight Loss & Training.